Recommendations for Absalon
Are you a new to Absalon or do you want to learn more?
Introduction to the 4 recommendations
1. Guide the students
2. Make a clear and consistent course structure
3. Clean up your course menu and file area
4. Teachers use Absalon in the same manner
We've created a template for you so you can apply the 4 recommendations above. The templates has 3 main features:
- A page with a welcome and course information for the students.
- A consistent and simple structure, easy by using modules.
- A structured file area.
- Template 1 is structured with a Home page made of a Page + Modules + content.
- Template 2 is structured with a Home page made by Modules + Pages + content.
- Template 3 is structured with a Home page made of a Page + a course plan page + content
- Template 4 is structured with a Home page made by Modules and all contents are linked to Modules.
To import a template for your course, do the following:
- Go to your course homepage and click the "Import from Commons" button
- Click on the "Filter" button and select "Course" and "University of Copenhagen"
- In the search box type "SCIENCE Template"
- Click one of the templates in the box that appears
- You can now browse the template if you have not done it before.
- Click the "Import / Download" button to bring the template into your course
- In a short time it is imported and you can customize it in your course room.
Things you can do to give the students a better experience in Absalon
If you need personal guidance or have a question, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Absalon Canvas guides: Find them under "Help" in your Absalon left menu or see below.
Here you will find guides to Absalon
- Absalon guide
- Online and blended Learning/Absalon
- Teaching Portal on KUnet
- Video quick guides
- Absalon FAQ
Workshops in Absalon
IT Learning Center also holds workshops in Absalon. Read here for more information.
Are you missing anything on this site? - send an email to: email@example.com
The IT Learning Center is offering live webinars to give inspiration for the remote teaching.
Please see more at Webinars.